control your temper

When one of you becomes angry while standing he should sit down.
If the anger leaves him, well and good; otherwise he should lie down."

The above quotation was said by Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) quoted from Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 5114 Narated By Abu Dharr

Al-Muwatta Hadith 47.11 Malik related from Ibn Shihab from Humayd ibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn Awf that,
A man came to the Messenger of Allah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and said,
"O Messenger of Allah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam), teach me some words which I can live by. Do not make them too much for me, lest I forget."
The Messenger of Allah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said,
"Do not be angry."

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 5145 Narrated by Abu Sa'id al-Khudri

Allah's Messenger (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) mentioned anger, saying,
"Some are swift to anger and swift to cool down, the one characteristic making up for the other; some are slow to anger and slow to cool down, the one characteristic making up for the other; but the best of you are those who are slow to anger and swift to cool down, and the worst of you are those who are swift to anger and slow to cool down."

He continued,
"Beware of anger, for it is a live coal on the heart of the descendant of Adam. Do you not notice the swelling of the veins of his neck and the redness of his eyes? So when anyone experiences anything of that nature he should lie down and cleave to the earth."

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 1740 Narrated by Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (RA)
The Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:
A believer does not taunt, curse, abuse or talk indecently.

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 4762 Narrated by Mu'adh ibn Jabal reviled each other in the presence of the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and one of them became excessively angry so much so that I thought that his nose will break up on account of excess of anger.
The Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:
'I know a phrase which, if he repeated, he could get rid of this angry feeling.'
They asked: 'What is it, O Messenger of Allah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam)?'
He (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) replied:
'He should say:
'I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed Shaytaan.'

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 5114 Narrated by Abu Dharr

Allah's Messenger (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said,
"When one of you becomes angry while standing he should sit down. If the anger leaves him, well and good; otherwise he should lie down."

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 4766 Narrated by Atiyyah as-Sa'di

AbuWa'il al-Qass said: 'We entered upon Urwah ibn Muhammad ibn as-Sa'di. A man spoke to him and made him angry. So he stood and performed ablution; he then returned and said: "My father told me on the authority of my grandfather Atiyyah who reported
the Messenger of Allah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) as saying:
'Anger comes from the Shaytaan, the Shaytaan was created of fire, and fire is extinguished only with water; so when one of you becomes angry, he should perform ablution."'

Al-Muwatta Hadith 47.12
Yahya related from Malik from Ibn Shihab from Said ibn al-Musayyab from Abu Hurayra that
the Messenger of Allah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said,
"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is he who contains himself when he is angry."

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 4759 Narrated by Mu'adh ibn Jabal
The Messenger of Allah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:
'if anyone suppresses anger when he is in a position to give vent to it, Allah, the Exalted, will call him on the Day of Resurrection over the heads of all creatures, and ask him to choose any of the bright and large eyed maidens he wishes.'

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 5116 Narrated by Abdullah ibn Umar
Allah's Messenger (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said,
"No one has swallowed back anything more excellent in the sight of Allah, Who is Great and Glorious, than anger he restrains, seeking to please Allah, The Most High."

copied